Prevention is better than cure, especially when it comes to plumbing issues. We may not think much of minor plumbing problems. If not taken care of, they can escalate into emergency plumbing situations.
To prevent them from happening, it’s best to get regular plumbing maintenance. Learn more about it and find out how often you should schedule one.
How Frequently Should Maintenance Be Done?
To prevent your plumbing system from having any issues, it’s recommended to maintain it at least once a year. For homes with a newly installed plumbing system, getting it inspected and repaired once every two years will suffice.
What Are the Benefits of Getting Plumbing Maintenance?
You might ask yourself why you should get your plumbing system maintained if there doesn’t seem to be an issue in the first place. Here are some reasons why regular plumbing maintenance is important:
- Lessens Your Expenses – Getting your plumbing maintained on routine may seem like an unnecessary expense at first. However, paying for an inspection or a minor repair will cost you less than shelling out for major plumbing damage. For example, getting your system checked for a possible leak is more affordable than spending on reflooring because of water damage.
- Enhances Systems’ Efficiency – When your plumbing system is well-maintained, it’s likely to last you long because it’s less prone to malfunction. Plumbing maintenance can also improve your system, especially when providing you with adequate water pressure.
- Keeps You Healthy – When your plumbing system isn’t maintained, it can pose health risks. The mold and mildew buildup from an unmaintained system can cause allergic reactions, especially in sensitive individuals.
What Are Signs That It’s Time for Plumbing Maintenance?
If it’s been a while since your last plumbing maintenance, you may notice some signs that it’s time to schedule an appointment with your local plumber:
- An Unpleasant Odor Such As Mold, Decay, or Mildew
- Water Leakages
- Slow Drainage
- A Sudden Spike in Your Water Bills
- Clogged Toilets
Schedule Plumbing Maintenance With Milam Plumbing Inc.
If you’re looking for professional plumbers for your plumbing maintenance, contact Milam Plumbing Inc. We serve clients in the Wilmington area and the surrounding counties in North Carolina. Our team offers services such as drainage inspection, water heater maintenance, and sewer system inspection, to name a few. Give us a call today, and we’ll keep your plumbing system performing at its best.